1. The Promoter: The promoter of this prize draw is Virgin Atlantic Airways Limited of, The VHQ, Fleming Way, Crawley RH10 9DF.
2. Eligibility: The prize draw is open to all GB residents aged 18 years or over, except employees of the Promoter, their families, agents or any third party directly associated with administration of the prize draw.
3. Promotion Period: The first opening date for entries is 00:01 on Tuesday 4th January 2022. The closing date of the last prize draw is 23:59 on Monday 31st January 2022. Upon purchase of a qualifying flight throughout the period from [00:00 on Tuesday 4th January 2022 until 23:59 on Monday 31st January 2022] (the "Promotion Period"), you will be automatically entered into the prize draw. A different prize will be available to be won on different days throughout the Promotion Period. Entries received after the prescribed time will not be considered for any prize.
4. Entry: All bookings made during the specific promotional timeframes will be automatically entered into the draw and one entry per booking is permitted.
5. Prize: Your time of entry into the prize draw will determine which prize you may be eligible to win as follows:
Time of entry between 00:01 to 23:59 on:
Tuesday 4th – 5th January 2022
To be announced on 04/01/2022 at 00:01
Winners will be drawn by Wednesday 12th January 2022
Wednesday 12th January 2022
To be announced on 12/01/22 at 00:01
Winners will be drawn by Wednesday 19th January 2022
Tuesday 18th – Thursday 20th January 2022
To be announced on 18/01/22 at 00:01
Winners will be drawn by Thursday 27th January 2022
Tuesday 25th January 2022
To be announced on 25/01/22 at 00:01
Winners will be drawn by Tuesday 1st February 2022
Monday 31st January 2022
To be announced on 28/01/22 at 00:01
Winners will be drawn by Monday 7th February
6. Prize-specific conditions also apply: In addition to these terms and conditions, each prize is also subject to the further prize-specific conditions, set out in Annex 1 at the back of these terms and conditions. In the event of any conflict between these terms and conditions and any prize-specific terms and conditions, the prize-specific terms and conditions in Annex 1 will prevail.
7. Winner Selection: Winners of each daily prize will be chosen by random draw [performed by a computer process] on the relevant draw date set out in the table in condition 5 above ("Draw Date"). The decision of the Promoter regarding any aspect of the prize draw is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
8. Winner Notification: The winner will be notified by email (using details provided at entry) within 7 working days of the Draw Date and will be required to respond to confirm eligibility and acceptance of the prize, within 7 days of initial contact. If a winner does not respond to the Promoter within 7 days of being notified by the Promoter, then the winner's prize will be forfeited and the Promoter will be entitled to select another winner in accordance with the process described above.
9. Prize Acceptance: The winner will be notified within 28 days of acceptance of the prize to arrange fulfilment of the prize. In the event that the winner does not inform the Promoter within this time frame, the Promoter will reserve the right to not reissue the prize or limit its value at their sole discretion.
10. The prize for the winner is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered. The prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer, as stated in Appendix 1. Any VAA flight bookings using company concessions are excluded from this promotion.
11. Participants are deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions upon booking a qualifying flight during the Promotion Period. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse entry or refuse to award the prize [or seek recovery of its value if the prize has been awarded to anyone in breach of these terms and conditions.
12. Opt-Out: If you would like to opt out of the prize draw, please contact the Virgin Atlantic Customer Centre within 24 hours of your booking.
13. An entry must be made directly by the individual entering the Promotion. Bulk entries from trade, consumer groups or third parties will not be accepted. Incomplete or illegible entries and entries submitted by macros or other automated means together with entries which do not satisfy the requirements of these Terms & Conditions in full will be disqualified and will be not be counted. If it becomes apparent that an entrant is using a computer(s) to circumvent this condition by, for example, the use of ‘script’, ‘brute force’, masking their identity by manipulating IP addresses, using identities other than their own or any other automated means in order to increase that entrant’s entries into the Promotion in a way that is not consistent with the rules of the Promotion, that entrant’s entries will be disqualified and any prize awarded will be void. Entrants are not permitted to enter using anonymous email services such as, but not limited to, GuerillaMail, Dispostable or Mailinator.
14. The Promoter does not guarantee continuous or secure access to its website. If for any reason a technical interruption, fault or site failure occurs when purchasing online, the Promoter does not take any responsibility for incomplete purchases and any incomplete purchases will not be considered valid for entry into the prize draw. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any purchases which are not completed for any reason.
15. The Promoter must be informed of any special access requests (wheelchair access or any similar access needs) which are necessary for the enjoyment of the prize.
16. Promoter reserves the right to replace the prize with an alternative prize of equal or higher value if circumstances beyond the Promoter's control makes it necessary to do so.
17. The Promoter reserves the right to hold void, cancel, suspend, or amend the promotion where it becomes necessary to do so.
18. You will be responsible for ensuring that (at the time of travel) you and any person travelling with you are available to travel and hold valid passports (that will remain valid for at least 6 months after arrival at destination, including the US), any necessary visas, other required documentation to comply with applicable immigration or other travel regulations for the [flight or holiday in question] on the travel dates specified.
19. All elements of the prize package must be used as part of the same trip. If the winner elects to use any or all portions of their prize with fewer than the entire booking, the prize will be awarded to the winner and any participating guests specific when the winner claims the prize and any remainder of the prize will be forfeited and shall not be subject to further or alternative compensation.
20. Unless otherwise stated in the relevant prize-specific terms at Annex 1, the prize does not include travel insurance, the cost of transfers to and from airports or stations, food and drink, spending money, tax or personal expenses.
21. Any costs incurred in addition to the prize package elements listed at Annex 1 shall be incurred at the winner’s and/or their guests expense including but not limited to: food, drinks, transport, telephone charges, room service, laundry service, optional excursions, tips, service charges, taxes, souvenirs, merchandise and any other incidental expenses.
22. Responsibility for guests: The winner is responsible for the behaviour of themselves and any guests whilst using the prize and the winner and all guests must abide by any relevant terms and conditions set by the airline, hotel and cruise operator, which form part of the prize. Any children must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian aged 18 years or over.
23. The Promoter reserves the right in its absolute discretion to exclude the winner and/or any guest from participation in any aspect of the prize if any party fails to comply with the directions of the Promoter or any companies associated with the prize or if the winner and/or their guest act in a manner that is dangerous to themselves or to the public or is, in the opinion of the Promoter, anti-social in any manner or which causes a disturbance or nuisance to others.
25. The Promoter must either publish or make available information that indicates that a valid award took place. To comply with this obligation the Promoter will send the surname and county of prize winners and, if applicable copies of their winning entries, to anyone who emails [email@example.com] or writes to [Virgin Atlantic Airways Limited, The VHQ, Fleming Way, Crawley RH10 9DF] (enclosing a self-addressed envelope) within [one] month after the closing date stated in condition 4. If you object to any or all of your surname, county and winning entry being published or made available, please contact the Promoter [Customer Centre Telephone: 0344 874 7747] . In such circumstances, the Promoter must still provide the information and winning entry to the Advertising Standards Authority on request.
26. The Promoter's responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you
26.1 The Promoter (together with any associated agencies and companies) is not responsible for any loss or damage you suffer in connection with this Promotion or by accepting or using a prize won under this Promotion, that is not foreseeable. Loss or damage is foreseeable if either it is obvious that it will happen or if, at the time you accepted these terms, both the Promoter and you knew it might happen.
26.2 The Promoter does not exclude or limit in any way its liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by the Promoter's negligence or the negligence of its employees, agents or subcontractors or for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
26.3 The Promoter is not liable for business losses. Any prize won under this Promotion is for domestic and private use. If you use the prize for any commercial, business or resale purpose we will have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
26.4 The Promoter is also not responsible for failure to meet any of its obligations under the Terms where such failure is due to events beyond its reasonable control.
26.5 Nothing in these terms and conditions is intended to affect or limit your rights under the law. For more information about your rights contact your local Citizens Advice Bureau or Trading Standards Bureau.
27. If any provisions of these terms and conditions are judged to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable, this will not affect or impact the continuation in full force and effect the remainder of the provisions.
28. In the event of a conflict between these terms and conditions and the details in any promotional material, the details in these terms and conditions will prevail.
29. The prize draw will be governed by English law and entrants to the prize draw submit to the jurisdiction of the English courts.