If your flight is delayed by:
- Three hours or more if flying 1500 km to 3000 km
- Four hours or more in all other cases
We’ll make sure you have enough food and drink to keep you comfortable while you wait. We’ll also cover two short phone calls, or messages if you need to contact anyone.
If your flight is delayed for more than five hours:
- You can cancel your booking and get a refund for your unused ticket. If the delay means there’s no reason to fly any more, we’ll refund you for your flights. This also means if you’re part way through your journey and need to fly home, we’ll rebook you onto the earliest flight back.
- If your travel is part of a package, you’ll need to contact the company you booked with, as they may have a different rebooking policy. Your refund will be for the flight part of your package, not the whole cost of your holiday.
If your flight is delayed until the next day (local time):
- As well as the above, we’ll offer hotel accommodation and transport to and from your hotel, or home if you live nearby.
- To make sure you don’t miss your new flight, we may need you to remain at the airport rather than offering food, refreshment, or accommodation elsewhere.