Covid-19 symptoms include:
- A high temperature
- A new or continuous cough
- Loss or change to your sense of smell or taste
The latest information on Covid-19 symptoms can be found on the NHS UK website:
We encourage everyone to be respectful of fellow passengers’ mask preferences and across our network, we continue to adhere to all regulatory requirements, recognising that mask requirements differ by market.
Customers may still be asked to wear a mask when boarding or disembarking flights, according to the regulations of the departure or arrival airport or destination country.
If you’re travelling on a service that still requires a mask, you may remove the face mask for only the following reasons:
1. To avoid harm or injury, or the risk of harm or injury, to yourself or others
2. To eat or drink where it is reasonably necessary to do so, or removing your face covering to take medication
There are some exemptions that apply to the wearing of face masks or face coverings:
1. If you cannot put on, wear, or remove a face covering without severe distress, or due to any physical or mental illness or impairment, or disability (within the meaning of section 6 of the Equality Act 2010)
2. If you are travelling with, or providing assistance to, another person who relies on lip reading to communicate
3. Children aged 11 and under
- If you believe you are exempt from wearing a face mask or face covering, you must contact and notify our Special Assistance team at least 48 hours before you are due to travel. You can contact us using our online contact form or via email at Special.Assistance@fly.virgin.com. Please have your booking reference to hand when you contact us.
- Our team may ask you to show a formal notification of your exemption in the form of a certificate or letter signed by a suitably qualified health professional when you arrive at the airport.
- If you travel without formal notification of your exemption, and choose not to wear a mask at the airport or onboard, you may not be permitted to travel with us at this time.