We will provide you with meals and refreshments in reasonable relation to the waiting time, plus 2 short telephone calls, or telex, or fax, or e-mail messages;
- For 2 hours or more in the case of flights of 1500 km or less
- For 3 hours or more in the case of intra-community flights of more than 1500 km and all other flights between 1500 km and 3000 km
- For 4 hours or more in the case of all other flights
In addition to the above, flights delayed for more than 5 hours you have the choice:
- To cancel your booking and receive a refund of your unused ticket, and for the part of the journey already made if the delay means your flight no longer serves any purpose in relation to your original travel plans. Where relevant if you have already completed one or more segments of your flight we will also offer you a return flight to your first point of departure at the earliest opportunity.
- Inclusive/package tour passengers should be aware that a refund would only relate to the airfare portion of the package and not the whole cost of the holiday. Your Tour operator should be contacted for further advice before you cancel your booking.
If your flight is delayed until the next day (local time):
- In addition to the above, if you have chosen not to cancel your flight we will offer hotel accommodation.
- The care detailed above may be limited or declined if the provision of refreshments, meals and hotel accommodation would itself cause further delay.