NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER THE CONTEST.
A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1) CONTEST TIMING: Tickets To Love Contest (the “Contest”) begins at 9:00 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) on January 27, 2022 and ends at 4:59PM ET on February 13, 2022 (the “Contest Period”). Sponsor’s clock is the official “timekeeper” of this Contest.
2) ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States (excluding Puerto Rico and all U.S. territories and possessions) and Washington, D.C., who are 18 years of age or older; and not in a committed romantic relationship as of the date of entry. Employees of Virgin Atlantic Airways Limited (the “Sponsor”), Don Jagoda Associates, Inc. (“Administrator”), their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, governors, owners, partners, distributors, retailers, advertising/promotion/service agencies, dealers, licensors, agents, suppliers, and independent contractors (collectively, the “Contest Entities”) and each of their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household (defined as spouses, parents, siblings and children and anyone else residing in their same household) are not eligible for the Contest. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
3) HOW TO ENTER: During the Contest Period, visit https://virg.in/Love (“Site”), complete the online registration, consisting of your first name, last name, zip code, email address, relationship status and one (1) essay in no more than 150 words, telling us; why you’re interested in finding love in the U.K. and what love story you’re hoping to find when you arrive, to receive one (1) (“Entry”). Limit one (1) Entry per person for the entire Contest Period. The person uploading the Entry will be deemed the entrant (“Entrant”) and to whom the prize will be awarded if determined a winner. All Entries must be received by 4:59PM ET on February 13, 2022. Duplicate or multiple Entries from the same person/email address are not permitted and will be automatically eliminated.
4) SUBMISSION: Automated Entries are prohibited, and any use of such automated devices will cause disqualification. All Entries must be complete to be eligible. All Entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned, and Sponsor will not verify receipt of Entries. Normal Internet and/or mobile device access and usage charges imposed by Entrants’ online and/or mobile service will apply and are Entrants’ sole responsibility. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, corrupted, incomplete or damaged Entries. Proof of submission is not proof of receipt by Sponsor.
5) ENTRY REQUIREMENTS: All Entries must be in English and must comply with these Official Rules and the registration instructions, as determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion, to be eligible. The Entry may not contain obscene, profane, lewd, defamatory or inappropriate content; and may not include human nudity, acts of violence, acts that appear to cause injury or harm, or acts that are illegal or dangerous, as determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Entries may not contain any third-party materials and may not contain any materials that violate or infringe (or may be at risk of infringing) any third-party rights, including without limitation copyright, trademark rights, privacy rights (including portrayal in a false light), publicity rights, or other intellectual property rights. Entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Sponsor has the sole discretion to determine whether an Entry qualifies as an Entry. Any Entry not in compliance with the above and which does not meet the requirements of these Official Rules will be disqualified. By entering, you agree to waive any rights you may have to the Entry submitted. By entering, you understand that your Entry in its entirety or portion thereof may (in Sponsor’s sole discretion) be posted on websites, Social Media sites, other Sponsor-selected media, publications and marketing materials.
6) TRANSFER OF RIGHTS: By submitting an Entry, you hereby grant the Contest Entities the irrevocable, perpetual, royalty free, worldwide rights to use, reproduce, publish, edit, market, store, adapt, assign, sell, dispose of, distribute, have distributed, publicly and privately display, communicate, publicly and privately perform, transmit, have transmitted, create derivative works based upon, and promote the Entry or excerpts of the Entry (as such may be edited and modified by the Sponsor in its discretion) in perpetuity, for editorial, commercial, promotional and all other purposes (including posting on Sponsor-affiliated websites, social media, other Sponsor-selected media and marketing materials).
7) JUDGING: After the conclusion of the Contest Period, all eligible Entries will be judged by Agency-determined judges on or about February 14, 2022 to determine eight (8) Grand Prize winners, based on the following judging criteria (“Judging Criteria”):
· Originality/Creativity (25%)
· Most Compelling Essay (50%)
· Ability to evoke emotion in the judges (25%)
Decisions of the judges are final and binding on all matters relating to this Contest. Under no circumstance will information regarding judging be shared with Entrants. Being declared a winner is subject to validation and verification of eligibility and compliance with all terms and conditions set forth in these Official Rules. In the event of a tie, tied Entries will be re-judged based 100% on Most Compelling Essay.
8) CONTEST WINNER NOTIFICATION: Potential Grand Prize winners will be contacted on or about February 25, 2022 via email and will have 48 hours to reply or prize may be forfeited and an alternate may be determined. The potential Grand Prize winners (each, a “Winner” or “Grand Prize Winner”) will then be required to execute and return a Declaration of Eligibility, Liability/Publicity Release (where legal) and an Assignment of Rights within forty-eight (48) hours of notification or potential Grand Prize winner will be disqualified. If winner notification is returned as non-deliverable, or if potential winner fails to return the required verification documents within the required time frame, said potential winner will be disqualified and an alternate potential Winner will be determined. Acceptance of Prize constitutes permission for Contest Entities to use each Winner’s name, Entry, pictures, and likenesses for promotional purposes in any and all media throughout the Universe in perpetuity without further compensation except where prohibited by law.
9) PRIZES AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE (“ARV”): Eight (8) Grand Prizes, each consisting of: One (1) trip for Winner only (“Grand Prize Trip”) consisting of: (i) round trip Virgin Atlantic Upper Class air transportation from New York, JFK Airport to Heathrow, London, departing on March 11, 2022 from New York, JFK and returning to New York, JFK on March 13, 2022 ; (ii) hotel accommodations for one (1) night, one (1) standard single occupancy room (room and tax only) at a hotel designated by Sponsor; (iii) meet and greet with a Sponsor-selected celebrity at the Virgin Atlantic Airways Clubhouse at JFK prior to departure from New York on March 11, 2022 (based on availability). ARV OF EACH GRAND PRIZE: $3,500; THE ARV FOR ALL PRIZES: $28,000. All federal, state and/or local income and other taxes on the actual value of the prize are each Winner’s sole responsibility. Actual ARV for any Grand Prize Trip may vary depending upon airline fare fluctuations; Grand Prize Winner is solely responsible for any and all expenses, incidental travel costs to travel to New York, JFK airport for departure on March 11, 2022 and any other costs not expressly stated in the Grand Prize Trip description herein, including but not limited to, ground transportation in the UK, in-room hotel charges (e.g., mini-bar, room service, telephone, movies, etc.), meals, beverages, gratuities, gasoline, parking, tolls, souvenirs, insurance, travel upgrades, baggage fees, and personal incidentals. Grand Prize Winners will be required to provide a valid credit card at the time of hotel check-in and will be solely responsible for any and all charges to Grand Prize Winner’s hotel room during his/her Grand Prize Trip. All Grand Prize Trip details not specified in the Official Rules will be determined in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. Each respective Grand Prize Winner will be required to travel on dates designated by Sponsor. Each Grand Prize Winner must depart and return on Sponsor designated dates. In the event a Grand Prize Winner cannot travel on dates designated by Sponsor, Grand Prize Winner will be disqualified and the Grand Prize will be awarded to the next highest scoring entrant provided sufficient time remains prior to the designated dates of the Grand Prize Trip. Travel arrangements must be made through Sponsor and travel dates and arrangements are subject to travel restrictions. All Grand Prize elements must be redeemed at the same time. Grand Prize Winner may extend their stay in the UK at their own expense. Travel is subject to terms and conditions set forth in these Official Rules and those set forth by selected travel providers, availability may vary, and material restrictions may apply. Each Grand Prize Winner will be solely responsible for obtaining a valid U.S. Government issued identification prior to travel and any associated costs for these requirements. Sponsor shall not be responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions or substitution or any act or omissions whatsoever by the air carriers, hotels or other transportation companies or any other persons providing any of these services and accommodations to passengers, such as changes in services or accommodations necessitated by same. Sponsor shall not be liable for any loss or damage to baggage or other items. If the Grand Prize Winner is unable to or cannot otherwise fully enjoy the prize due to any reason, Sponsor shall have the option at its sole discretion of being relieved of liability for fulfillment of that Grand Prize award, and no other compensation in lieu of that Grand Prize will be awarded. All travel is subject to any and all restrictions instituted by the CDC and/or Department of Homeland Security, as required and if borders are closed due to COVID/any pandemic, Sponsor is not responsible and Sponsor may substitute prize of equal or greater value, in their sole discretion. All travelers must agree to abide by the latest travel guidelines/requirements at time of travel. All travelers must also pass any required medical testing (at their own expense) and comply with any additional requirements, at any time, that may be required or recommended by any government agency, airline, or Sponsor, including without limitation, passing one or more COVID-19 antigen and screening tests, and testing negative for COVID-19 or having been vaccinated against COVID-19. Travelers may also be required to execute any assumption of risk and/or other documents relating to COVID-19 or he/she may not be permitted to travel or attend the meet and greet. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute a prize (or portion of prize) with one of comparable or greater value should the prize become unavailable for any reason (except for meet and greet, which will be cancelled if celebrity is unable to attend and no further compensation will be provided). Sponsor shall not have any responsibility or liability whatsoever for any property loss, damage, personal injury, or death, in connection with any prize provided pursuant to the Contest and/or any person’s participation in the Contest.
10) GENERAL RULES: By participating in this Contest, each Entrant agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and instructions and by all decisions of the Contest Entities, which are final and legally binding in all matters relating to this Contest. By participating, Entrants and Winners agree to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless the Contest Entities from and against any claims, damages, or liability due to any damages, or losses or injuries to any person (including death) or property of any kind resulting, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of a prize or participation in any Contest-related activity or participation in this Contest. Entrants further agree not to pursue any right, claim or action against the Contest Entities in connection with their participation in this Contest. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of an Entrant, the authorized account holder of the email associated with winner’s account will be deemed to be the Entrant. An “authorized account holder” of an Email account is the natural person in whose name the Email account has been issued. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, or misdirected entries, technical hardware/software failures of any kind, lost/unavailable network connections, or failed/incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission, which may limit a user’s ability to participate. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual that tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or Site; violates the Official Rules; or acts in a disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Participants hereby disclaim any rights, including any copyright or any other intellectual property right, in or to the Entry following the assignment contemplated hereby. Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for technical, hardware or software malfunctions, telephone failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, inaccurate, incomplete, garbled or delayed electronic communications whether caused by the sender or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Contest which may limit the ability of an individual to participate in or accept a prize in the Contest, or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the Entries in this Contest. Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for any typographical error in the printing of these Official Rules, administration of the Contest or in the announcement of the prizes. Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for damages to user’s system occasioned by participating in the Contest or downloading any information to participate in the Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to modify or cancel any of the portions of the Contest if they become technically corrupted and determine the Winners from among all Entries received prior to cancellation based on the judging criteria.
11) DISPUTE RESOLUTION: By entering this Contest, Entrants agree that to the extent permitted by applicable law: 1) Any and all disputes, claims, and actions arising out of or connected with the Contest or the prizes shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; 2) Any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, and shall not include any punitive, consequential or other damages, including costs associated with entering the Contest but in no event include attorneys' fees; 3) The values of the prizes as set forth above represents Sponsor’s determinations of the ARV in its sole and absolute discretion thereof and such determinations are final and binding and cannot be appealed. If the actual value of a prize turns out to be less than the stated ARV, the difference will not be awarded in cash; and 4) Under no circumstances will any Entrant be permitted to obtain any award for, and Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental or consequential damages and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All dispute resolution shall be made by the Sponsor in its sole discretion.
12) NO WAIVER: The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
13) GOVERNING LAW, JURISDICTION AND VENUE: Except where prohibited by law, as a condition of participating in this Contest , Entrant agrees that (a) any and all disputes and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by final and binding arbitration under the rules of the American Arbitration Association and held at the AAA regional office nearest the Entrant; (b) the Federal Arbitration Act shall govern the interpretation, enforcement and all proceedings at such arbitration; and (c) judgment upon such arbitration award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction. Under no circumstances will Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, direct or indirect or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorneys' fees, other than Entrant's actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs associated with participating in this Contest), and Entrant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased to the extent permitted by applicable law.
14) MISCELLANEOUS CONDITIONS: Except to the extent pre-empted by federal or other applicable state law, the Contest shall be governed by the laws of the State of Connecticut, without giving effect to any conflict of law provisions thereof. By participating in the Contest, Entrants agree that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between Entrant and Sponsor, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Connecticut, having competent jurisdiction, which court shall apply the laws of the State of Connecticut without giving effect to any conflict of law provisions thereof.
16) WINNERS LIST: For the names of the Winners, available after March 14, 2022, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope postmarked by February 13, 2022, to: Tickets To Love Contest Winners (Attn: CC), 100 Marcus Drive, Melville, NY 11747.
17) SPONSOR: This Sweepstakes is Sponsored by Virgin Atlantic Airways Limited, The VHQ, Crawley Business Quarter, Manor Royal, Crawley, West Sussex RH10 9DF.